You should sit down before reading this (I don’t want you to faint from the shocking news I’ve discovered). Newsweek has committed an act of journalism by publishing an op-ed by two distinguished medical scientists that kick Fauci’s in the metaphorical part of his anatomy that he sits on.
Dr. Martin Kulldorff (Harvard) and Dr. Jay Bhattacharya (Stanford) lay out chapter and verse Fauci’s massive failure in prescribing public health measures that exacerbated the Covid pandemic. They write:
When the pandemic hit, America needed someone to turn to for advice. The media and public naturally looked to Dr. Anthony Fauci—the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, an esteemed laboratory immunologist and one of President Donald Trump‘s chosen COVID advisers. Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci got major epidemiology and public health questions wrong. Reality and scientific studies have now caught up with him.
How did he screw the pooch so badly? Here’s the laundry list:
- Natural immunity. By pushing vaccine mandates, Dr. Fauci ignores naturally acquired immunity among the COVID-recovered, of which there are more than 45 million in the United States.
- Protecting the elderly. While anyone can get infected, there is more than a thousand-fold difference in mortality risk between the old and the young. After more than 700,000 reported COVID deaths in America, we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people.
- School closures. Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID.
- Masks. The gold standard of medical research is randomized trials, and there have now been two on COVID masks for adults. For children, there is no solid scientific evidence that masks work.
- Contact tracing. For some infectious diseases, such as Ebola and syphilis, contact tracing is critically important. For a commonly circulating viral infection such as COVID, it was a hopeless waste of valuable public health resources that did not stop the disease.
- Collateral public health damage. . . . As an immunologist, Dr. Fauci failed to properly consider and weigh the disastrous effects lockdowns would have on cancer detection and treatment, cardiovascular disease outcomes, diabetes care, childhood vaccination rates, mental health, and opioid overdoses, to name a few.
Doctors Kulldorff and Bhattacharya nailed it. What astonishes me is that Newsweek, which is a card-carrying member of the lamestream media, had the stones to let these distinguished scientists tell the truth. Take this as evidence that the public debate is shifting decisively against Tony Fauci. Too bad we had to wait for news to break that he funded the torture of dogs. In my book he’s facilitated the deaths of more two-legged critters, i.e. people, than hounds.
The Gateway Pundit is always committed to ensuring your voice can and will be heard. To reinforce that commitment, we are switching our commenting platform to Insticator. Don’t worry! All you have to do is create a commenting account with Insticator, and then you will be able to link past comments into your new Insticator account. For more information, we’ve written an article that you can read HERE. If you have any feedback or questions about your Insticator commenting account, please email them at: [email protected].