Trump Republicans are eager to replace establishment Republicans who put politics in front of God, family and country.
Axios reported today:
Why it matters: The Kentuckian has long been viewed as the most powerful Republican in Congress, a figure many in the party have feared turning into an enemy. His endurance has allowed him to reshape the Supreme Court and dictate much of the national political agenda for over a decade.
TRENDING: “The Situation is Dire” – Salvation Army Faces Holiday Shortages After Telling White Donors to Face Their Racism
- Taking on McConnell risks not only triggering his wrath in the Capitol but making candidate-critics vulnerable to targeting by his ample supply of campaign cash.
- The challengers have been emboldened as Donald Trump has lambasted McConnell — giving them both political and financial cover.
- “What is wrong with this Broken Old Crow?” the former president said in a statement tweeted by his spokesperson on Sunday. “He’s hurting the Republican Senators and the Republican Party. When will they vote him out of Leadership?”
Between the lines: Kelly Tshibaka, a primary challenger to Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), said Monday that “when I defeat Murkowski and become Alaska’s next U.S. senator, I will not support Mitch McConnell as leader.
- “It’s time for new, America First leadership in the Senate,” she said, echoing a Trump theme.
- Former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, running to fill Sen. Roy Blunt’s (R-Mo.) upcoming vacant seat, made a similar pledge in September.
Steven Cheung, a Greitens adviser and former Trump administration official, told Axios opposing McConnell could become a “litmus test” for campaigns eager to show their loyalty to Trump.
Here is Kelly for Alaska’s interview with Steve Bannon on the War Room yesterday:
As Alaska’s next U.S. Senator, I will not support Mitch McConnell as leader. Check out my interview on Steve Bannon’s War Room where I discuss how McConnell & Liberal Lisa Murkowski have enabled Biden & the Democrats to push through their Anti-American, Radical Socialist agenda. pic.twitter.com/tkuDdnyRiV
— Kelly Tshibaka – Endorsed by President Trump (@KellyForAlaska) December 13, 2021
Yesterday far-left CNN also reported on this subject:
…saying you won’t vote for McConnell as leader if you win is a must-do for Senate GOP candidates trying to win Trump’s endorsement.
Which is not an insignificant thing! Like, at all!
Why? Because, in several Senate races on the ballot in 2022, GOP candidates have made clear that they will do anything and everything to win Trump’s endorsement.
McConnell’s days are done. He was a thorn in America’s and President Trump’s side during the President’s administration. He turned his back on the election steal after the President helped him win his election.